Thank you for visiting my new blog!
In these last few days before departure, I am enjoying spending time with family and friends in the warm and dry Texas weather.
I will be studying in Maastricht, The Netherlands, where it is chilly and rainy - but also quite beautiful. I will be taking two courses at the University of Maastricht (Universiteit Maastricht) and two courses with our Baylor program director.

I have included a map of part of Western Europe for you to get a better idea of where Maastricht is located. It is the southernmost city of The Netherlands, situated in the province of Limburg, between Liege, Belgium and Aachen, Germany (or, for those still looking: the yellow dot in the center).
I depart for Maastricht Tuesday, January 29th, and I will arrive to preparations for the city's great celebration of Carnival (similar to our Mardi Gras). Entire families deck themselves out in colorful costumes and make-up. It should be quite the experience!
After Carnival, our group of about 32 will fly to Istanbul, Turkey. There we will enjoy the rich history of this ancient land.
We begin our classes February 11th, and we will have 3-day weekends for traveling. We will have the entire month of April to backpack across Europe, which I am very excited about. I plan to spend time in Santorini, Greece . . . Salzburg, Austria . . . Rome, Italy . . . London, England . . . and everywhere in between.
I will update the blog as often as possible, and I truly appreciate your thoughts and prayers as I make my trek across Europe.
Love,
Julia

9 comments:
Julia,
May the peace of our God be with you and may you take His Light with you wherever you go! I pray that you enjoy this adventure of a lifetime and that you will be able to hear God's voice speaking to you in each city, in each country, and on each continent (when you're crossing by air)! May His protection be yours. I'll pray for you--Prof. J.
What a lovely blog! And your semester sounds so exciting. I will be (am) praying for you.
God bless you on this wonderful venture.
(Nancy Carmack)
Yes. Your comment on my" Just for Fun" blog was RIGHT!
you leave tomorrow! so exciting! can't wait to read about your adventures. and hot backpack
So excited for you! I remember how amazing my college jaunt through Europe was. I look forward to following your blog as you see & experience so many new things! Post often ...
love,
emily
Dearest Julia -- The countdown has begun for your excellent European adventure! Go in my love and God's. Know we are praying and wishing for you all God has for you.
My love, as always,
Mama
Julia! You're leaving me! I will miss you SO much, but I am so excited for you! I hope you have the time of your life!!!
I AM HERE!!!!
I have arrived safely, and we are preparing for dinner. I am unable to access my account at this time, but as soon as I can, I will update the blog.
Thank you for your prayers!
Julia
Julia! I am so excited that you have a blog up. Can't wait to hear all about your great travels. I'm going to Russia as soon as you get back...But we will have to meet up this summer in the Hills :)
Post a Comment