Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Colmar, France


Bonjour!

I was able to experience the beautiful countryside of eastern France's Colmar last weekend!

It was very windy and rainy . . . which made for great pictures . . . oops!  :)



My disk space is full, so this is the only picture at this time . . . but more are coming!

On this trip were: Aaron, Robert, Skylar, Steven, Christy, Molly, Meghan, and I.

Friday, February 29
- Stopped in breathtaking Luxumbourg
- Arrived at Hotel Turenne in Colmar
- Enjoyed a traditional French dinner
- Played a rousing game of "Spoons" in our hotel

Saturday, March 1
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Grunewald and Isenheim Alterpiece at the Unter Linden Museum (also some Da Vinci - amazing)
- Lunch in the park
- Really nice water tower (400 years old - landmark now - no water)
- Statue of Frederic Bartholdi, sculptor of the Statue of Liberty 
- Climbed and relaxed in the trees
- Hot chocolate and conversation at an outdoor cafe
- More card games at the hotel
- Italian Dinner (best pizza I've had so far in Europe!)
- Sang and danced in the deserted streets :) . . . the whole town leaves this area and goes to bed early
- Catch Phrase/Charades game at the hotel

Sunday, March 2
- Breakfast at hotel
- Stopped in Cologne, Germany, to see the Dom Cathedral
- Back in time for dinner!

This was a fun get-away weekend of relaxation and enjoying one another.

Tomorrow morning I leave to meet my parents in London!  I am so excited!!!!!

Love,
Julia

5 comments:

Nancy said...

I love that picture!
That weekend sounded great.
I know you'll enjoy the time with your folks. And I KNOW THEY WILL ENJOY THEIR TIME WITH YOU!!!

caroline said...

that picture is amazing! That that happened right in front of that amazing background!! I hope you have so much fun with your parents!!!

laura said...

the best pizza in Europe is in France? I don't buy that.

Peggy Johnson said...

What a great post from France! Bonjour, mes amis! Comment allez-vous? Oh, my -- it is all coming back!

Fantastic picture! And we loved our time with you in London and Oxford, especially the C.S. Lewis tour.

Hugs, Mom

Nancy said...

Okay.... time for an update!!!!!!
I know you're busy, but your fans are waiting . . .