I just made it to Santorini, Greece!!!! It was a long trip, so I am very happy to be on land. :)
Now, for Rome: Wow. We saw the Coliseum, the Pantheon, the Roman Forum, the 4 Fountains, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, Santa Maria Basilica, and the Vatican and the Vatican Museum. It was really amazing.
Then we took a 4-hour train ride to Ancona, a 22-hour ferry to Patras, and a 4-hour train to Athens. We had a deck pass on the ferry, so we spent most of our time as vagrants, searching for a place on the floor to catch some sleep. It was surely an experience.
I am running out of time, but . . . Athens was lovely. The highlight was climbing up Mars Hill where Paul preached and brought Dionysus to Christ.
This morning, bright and early (as usual), we took an 8-hour ferry to Santorini! WE ARE ON LAND!!!! We are spending a few days around this volcanic island, then we are heading back to Athens and then back to Maastricht . . . and then back home to Texas.
I really can't wait to see everyone. I think about you constantly. And I am excited to sleep in past 4:30 tomorrow morning. :)
Much love,
Julia
Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
How wonderful!! Hugs await!
Mom
Wow!
Post a Comment