Monday, February 11, 2008

Finally an Update!

Sorry to keep you hanging - everything is going well!  I returned last night from Istanbul, Turkey, and I have just started my classes today!

Here is a little Western Europe update . . . 

This is the room I share in the dorm - it is always 61 degrees in here.  Other people have hot rooms, so I am not complaining.  In fact, some of my friends and I have given up complaining for Lent, since there are many things to complain about when traveling.  Thank you, Laura, for this idea.  We are basing this season on Philippians 2:14-16, which says:

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that I may boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor for nothing."




And this is a little collage of Maastricht I made to decorate the walls.

Friday, February 1
Netherlands American Military Cemetery and Memorial


Saturday, February 2
We celebrated Carnival in Maastricht, which occurs just before Ash Wednesday.

Here are some of the Baylor girls before we went to Carnival (on the right are our new Italian friends)


Here Molly and I enjoy our first (of many) Belgian waffles!  Mmmm! (Note the Dutch flag and clown cheeks, hehe!)

And here we enjoy a little folk dancing!


Monday, February 4
We took a nice day trip to Bruges, Belgium!  It was a beautiful and romantic little town!




Thank you, loyal bloggers!  :)  I talked to my mom this morning and heard that you wanted an update.  ;)  I'm glad to know that people are actually reading!  I LOVE YOU!

Coming soon: ISTANBUL!

6 comments:

Nancy said...

Hooray!!! I was so wanting an update. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Yes! we want updates! Keep the beautiful pictures coming. Have the best time of your life!! Little Britton is 7 1/2 lbs now and we're hoping will come home soon.
Love you, Aunt Marna

caroline said...

YAY! Your pictures are so fun! I'm so glad you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

of course we are reading!! we LOVE you, and need our julesdujour!! hope to talk to you soon, pretty!!

rachael

Peggy Johnson said...

Yippee!!! The update is just what we need -- and the pix and text are "Vintage Julia"! I love it! Can't wait to see you 3 weeks from today!

kaylin said...

I hope you are feeling better. Your blog is wonderful. I am so excited to see all of your pictures and read where you are going.

Love you,

Mama Kaylin