Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Under the Weather

Dear friends,

Our tour guide in Istanbul always addressed us as "dear friends," which was quite endearing.  :)

If you could please pray for me, I have come down with an infection.  My throat is swollen and infected, I have a fever, and I have mostly lost my voice.  I am having trouble resting because my lungs feel very full of fluid. 

My friend made an appointment for me this morning, but the doctor cannot see me until 8:30 tomorrow (Thursday) morning.  Thankfully the office is just downstairs.

Strep is going around in our group, and my sweet Pre-Med friends say that it looks like I have it.  My professors are very understanding, but it is difficult to miss class.  I will also be canceling my trip to Berlin this weekend and staying home to recover, instead.

I will keep you updated.

Until then, I really need something to cheer me up - and I'm sure everyone can use a laugh.  This is a video of a shop employee in Prague.  He tried to sing "The Yellow Rose of Texas" to us, but he couldn't remember all the words, so he asked us to teach him another song.  Naturally, we taught him "Deep in the Heart of Texas."  We passed by him about 4 times each day, and each time, he was a little bit better.

Enjoy!

No comments: